Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thank You Mom

I am thankful for my mom. She is so supportive of me and my endeavors. My mom, took me under her wings and trained me to be a bookkeeper after I took several years off to stay home with my young children.  I enjoyed my time as a stay at home mom, when it was time for me to return to work the economy had crashed.  Unable to land an interview I found my spirit downhearted.

At the same time my mom was starting her new business. Branching out on her own, she discovered she needed some help. Familiar with my work habits, what I knew, she called and asked if I could help her. I agreed, eager to get out of the house for a few hours. Before I knew it the part-time seasonal help became a permanent part-time position.

I learned how to use Quickbooks and can now keep all of her client data updated, bank statements and credit card statements reconciled. I am at the point now where she only needs for about a day or two out of the week. My mom is confident that I can work for a small company as a bookkeeper. She is encouraging me to spread my wings once more. Saying thank you to her doesn't begin to scratch the surface of my appreciation of her.

Thank you mom for everything you have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment